This will be more of a brief observational commentary rather than a fully fledged review. In short, I actually (kinda) enjoyed last night’s episode of 2 Broke Girls — I feel like it could be slowly building into something sustainable. It’s turning into exactly like I hoped, an non-thinking comedy that somehow manages to draw a laugh or two out of you and episode (even if you really don’t want to!).
The best bits of this episode were:
- Han sending Facebook friend requests to Max and Caroline, then tagging Caroline in 25 photos that she didn’t know about… (I’m a sucker for references that poke fun at Facebook, however lame they are!)
- The Goodwill Store mandate: “Back on the rack, and you’re under attack”
- The simple fact that Caroline has Max’s back, you really want them to be the best of friends.
There were a few “shock value” lines (as is becoming the norm on this show), one of which was: ” Stop fighting it, Just give into it, I don’t know why I’m quoting a rapist.” I’m still not really sure how to respond to that one, so I’ll leave it at that.
- Original Australian airdate: 28 February 2012 (8:00 pm)
- Channel: Nine Network
- Viewers: 779,000 (11th most-watched show for the night)